These days everyone is after having healthy food and dessert or sweets mostly don’t fit in that bracket of “healthy food”. So here’s one guilt free option for your sweet tooth!
- 1 cup Puffed rice (crushed)
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 2 tbsp Dried date powder (kharik powder)
- 2 tbsp Dry fruits (powdered)
- 3 tbsp Dry-fruits (chopped)
- 2 pinch Cinnamon powder (other options: coffee or vanilla essence)
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Chocolate (melted)
Mix all the dry ingredients in a clean and dry mixing bowl. Add honey and mix it well so the honey doesn’t stick only in one spot. Now melt the chocolate using a double boiler and pour the melted chocolate to the mixture and give a thorough mix.
Now grease the mould lightly with ghee or butter, so the ingredients don’t stick to the mould. Add the mixture in the mould and press lightly so the mixture spreads evenly in the mould. Alternatively if you do not have moulds, you can roll the mixture into small ball shape. Place the mould in the fridge for 30 minutes to set the bars.
Store the bites in the a dry, air-tight container.
- Add crushed gems / m&ms to make more tempting for your kids
- Chocolate chips, dark chocolate or milk chocolate will give it an extra flavour
- Dates will also be a healthy option
- Dip it in melted chocolate or drizzle some chocolate sauce before serving